Friday, February 24, 2012

30 Day Challenge- Day 11

This one is late but,in my defense, I slept REALLY well. Day 11- Turning point in your life. I came out to my mom when I was 16. It... was tough. But her reaction, at least now that its almost been 10 years, is kinda hilarious. I just blurted it out to her.
And then she went through the 5 stages of grief. Her version of grief that is. Stage 1- utter shock. Hold a spoon under the subject's nose to make sure they're still breathing.
Stage 2- anger. Make sure there's nothing sharp or breakable near the subject. Also, for more advanced subjects, a bible on hand might be useful.
Stage 3- sadness. Welling up of tears, distraught subject appears inconsolable.
Stage 4- sadness. More tears, distraught subject appears inconsolable.
Stage 5- sadness. Even more tears, maybe some mucus, distraught subject appears inconsolable. Bring a chair, the guilt-trips should begin immediately after.
Again, hindsight is a helluva thing, which allows for jokes to be had. My mom told me the other day "I think I knew you were gay since you were 8." I immediately followed up with one of these:
MHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

1 comment: